95 of 106 people found the following review helpful
I Like cheese
- Published on Amazon.com
1. Ghost Town U.S.A.: The bunch is set out to go to the Grand Canyon. They are all soon locked up in jail.
2. Grand Canyon or Bust: After they escaped from jail they finally got to the Grand Canyon. Soon Bobby and Cindy are lost
3. The Brady Braves: Bobby and Cindy find camp with an Indian boy whho soon gets the into more trouble.
4. The Wheeler-DealerGreg buys a car for $100 from his friend. He finds out he tricked him so he tries to do the same thing.
5. My sister, Benedict Arnold: Marcia is dating Gregs arch rival so Greg dates Marcias arch rival.
6. THe Personality Kid: Peter tries to get him a personality
7. Juliet is the Sun: Marcia gets the role Juliet and she gets so excited and she gets replaced.
8. And Now A Word From Our SponsorA Commercial producer dscovers the bunch at the store and wants them to do a commercial for a laundry soap but they don't use that brand.
9. The Private Ear: Peter records conversations of his siblings with Mikes tape recorder and they they get mad.
10. Her Sister's Shadow: Jan is tired of being in Marcia's shadow so she tries out for the pom-pom team and doesn't make it and then she wins a essay contest but the teachers made a mistake.
11. Click: Greg wants to be on the football team but Carol knows he will get hurt. She lets him join, but he hurts a rib.
12. Getting Davy Jones: Marcia promises to get Davy Jones to perform at the prom, but almost didn't keep her promise. Davy Jones guest stars.
13. The Not-So-Rosed Colored Glasses: Jan accidentaly took the wrong bike from school. She might have to get glasses.
14. THe Teeter- Totter Caper: Bobby and Cindy are to young to go to a wedding they decide to do the teeter-totter record.
15. Big Little Man: Bobby thinks he is a big man because of his height.
16. Dough Re Mi: Greg wants to make a record so he books a recording studio and things start going bad when Peters voice starts to change.
17. Jan's Aunt Jenny: Jan see's a picture of her Aunt Jenny that looked just like her. She wanted to see a present picture of her to see what she would look like. She was upset because she didn't look that attractive.
18. The Big Bet: Bobby and Greg bet who can do the most chin ups.
19. The Power of the Press: Peter got his name in the paper so when he started making bad grades he tried flattering his teacher.
20.Seargeant Emma: Alice takes a well deserved vacation and her Cousin Emma takes over for a week. Ann B. Davis dual roles.
21. Cidy Brady LadyCindy thinks she is immature until she gets a letter in the mail.
22. My Fair Opponent: Marcia has to make Molly Weber a knockout.
23. The Fender Benders: Carol is in an accident and the other driver will pay for the damage but he changes his mind. She goes to court with Cindy and Bobby testifying her.
16 of 16 people found the following review helpful
A Kid's Review
- Published on Amazon.com
Below are all of the episodes in season three of the brady bunch.
Ghost Town, U.S.A: The Brady's take an overnight trip in a ghost town. Just to be put in jail by an old man trying to protect his gold claim!
Grand Canyon or Bust: The Brady's are at the Grand Canyon. And they travel to the bottom, just to see Bobby and Cindy get lost!
The Brady Braves: The Brady's turn into an indian tribe. All by themselves!With all eight (plus Alice) people this shouldn't be hard!
The Wheeler Dealer: Greg grows up! He gets his drivers license and is tricked into buying a car that isn't even good enough to be in a car dump!
My sister, Benedict Arnold: Gregs archrival has asked Marcia out to the pizza parlor. Marcia doesn't think much of him but when Greg says that Marcia better not go out with him anymore she immediatly changes her mind.
The Personality Kid: Peter goes to a party and is told that he has no personality. And Peter believes the kid. He instantly tries other personalities and turns into a very bad Humphry Bogart!
Juliet is the sun: First the part is to big for Marcia, then she's too big for the part. Marcia gets the part of Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" and the power goes to her basketball sized head.
And now, a word from our sponsor: A (wierd) director sees the brady's at the supermarket and decides they'd be perfect for a tv commercial.
The private ear: Peter eavsdrops on his siblings... with a taperecorder!
Her sisters shadow: Everywhere Jan goes she hears one thing and one thing only; Marci, Marcia, Marcia
Click: Greg tries out for the football team and gets hurt.
Getting davy jones: Marcia goes coo-coo for the singing star.
The Not-so-rose-colored-glasses- Jan gets glasses
The teeter-totter caper: Tired of being told they're to little to do anything Cindy and Bobby try to break the teeter totter record of 148 hours!
Big little man: When locked in an ice house little bobby-being little saves the day.
Dough re mi: Greg writes a great song for the "Brady 6" (the kids song group) to record. When Peters voice starts to change it looks like the $150 non-returnable bucks are gone down the drain.
Jan's aunt jenny: Jan finds an old picture of her great aunt who looks just like her. She writes to her and asks for a picture of her recently. Unfortunatly she doesn't look like what Jan expected. When Aunt Jenny decides to come to town Jan isn't as excited as her Aunt Jenny or parents expected.
The big bet: Bobby and Greg make a bet to do everything the other says. Bobby winning makes the best of it and orders Greg around. It's the last straw when Bobby insists on going on Greg's date with his latest girl unfortunatly his parents let Bobby go.
The power of the press: Peter writes a column in the school newspaper and takes advantage of it when people start giving him stuff for writing nice things about them.
Sergeant Emma: Alice goes on vacation and her cousin Emma takes over for her. Unfortunatly Emma was in the army and drives the Brady's crazy through her whistle.
Cindy brady, lady: Cindy is very tired of not having a boy. Then she gets a secret admirer.
My fair Opponent: Marcia decides to help the loser in the class Molly to become a raving beauty to be the hostess to the school dance. But unfortunatly Molly goes against her when it ends up that Marcia and Molly are against each other to be the hostesses.
The Fender Benders: Carol gets into a small car accident with a Mr. Dougin. Mr. Dougin believes that the accident was Carol's fault along with Bobby and Cindy. But Carol and Marcia know it was Mr. Dougin's fault. Not knowing what is what they go to court.
Dolby Digital-English Mono
21 of 25 people found the following review helpful
- Published on Amazon.com
With eldest siblings Marcia and Greg quickly approaching their respective heights of groovyness, ignoring the younger and less popular Brady's would have been too easy for the scripting department at this point in the 'Brady Bunch' series.
Instead many episodes in this 23-episode 1971-1972 season pointedly explore Cindy and Bobby's quest to fit in with their other family members. Both are encouraged to like themselves for being who they are instead of trying to become somebody else. You cannot have other people like you unless you do not first like yourself.
In the 3-part Grand Canyon adventure opening this season, Bobby and Cindy become lost from their family on a camping trip. They meet up with Jimmy, a young Indian (Michael Campo). Jimmy is also running away from his family because he feels isolated by his grandfather's expectations. In return for helping them get safely back to Camp Brady, Jimmy receives food from Bobby and Cindy. All of these kids panic when they are discovered, but all ends well for everybody.
"In Big Little Man" Bobby embarks on a quest to become physically bigger. When this does not work with the speed which he had originally preferred, Bobby sets out to become a mental giant instead. "Mr. Brady" himself---Robert Reed---directs this episode.
Finally "Cindy Brady, Lady" shows Bobby having a friend of his play `secret admirer' to his forlorn sister. Cindy is upset at having to be the youngest sibling in the family. Bobby's action is really sweet specifically because I don't know of many brothers (including my own) who actually would think of doing this. Then again, it could be Bobby's empathy from his own age issues.
We also continue dealing with Jan's ongoing psychological issues mentioned during the previous seasons.
Jan is trying out for pom pom girl ("Her Sisters Shadow") so that her teachers will stop comparing her to `Marcia..Marcia..Marcia'. Even though Jan fails to be picked, it shows her determination to exercise an `independent streak' when being a copy-cat of Marcia would have been so much easier. Anybody can relate to always being compared to somebody whom you are not.
Jan then learns that real beauty is inside a person when she meets her Aunt Jenny (Imogene Coco) in "Jan's Aunt Jenny". Because they had looked a lot alike in her childhood photographs, Jan is worried that she will look just like Aunt Jenny now does when she is older. Yet talking with Aunt Jenny subsequently gives Jan a new perspective---somebody else knows about the issues she is now going through. Coco was a really big star so Paramount's ability to snag her for a guest appearance demonstrates the clout which this series had gained.
The Brady Bunch again proves why it sticks in the American psyche with this season. Many episodes delivered memorable social statements on tolerance, individuality, and identity without nagging to their audience.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
John D. Costanzo
- Published on Amazon.com
Good clean family entertainment! My kids, ages 2,6,7, and 10, all love it, and there are valuable lessons to be learned (hokie as they may seem to adults). Watching it with my kids certainly brings back fond memories of my own childhood. The three part "western" episodes are classics. I highly recommend this along with the first and second seasons.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
- Published on Amazon.com
This DVD set contains all 23 season 3 episodes from 1971-1972 and this was the year the series started doing big-time location shoots. The first episode is the show's first three-parter in which the Bradys embark upon the beautiful Grand Canyon. A ghost town, Cindy and Bobby becoming lost, and the family becoming honorary members of an Indian tribe, are some of the highlights from these shows. Jim Backus, Imogene Coca, Davy Jones, and Jackie Coogan all guest star in season three. The funniest show this year is "Sergeant Emma" in which Ann B. Davis plays a dual role where Alice's identical cousin cares for the Bradys while she is away. "In Her Sister's Shadow" features Jan being upset because she is tired of always being Marcia's younger sister. The famous line from this episode is "Marica, Marcia, Marcia!". "The Private Ear" is very similar from season two's "The Tattletale" in which Peter uses a hidden tape recorder to record conversations at the Brady house. Another fabulous season of a fabulous series. These episodes can be watched over and over by a new generation of younsters. Shows like "The Brady Bunch" are missing from network TV today which explains the erosion of viewers from the big commercial networks.