- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The CISA Prep Guide: Mastering the Certified Information Systems Auditor Exam Paperback – Feb 26 2003
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The first commercially available book to offer CISA study material
The CISA certification is a prerequisite for many audit and security job postings in the marketplace today. Becom-ing certified takes years of experience and exposure to information systems and risk and control techniques. In this book, John Kramer refers to his own experiences as an auditor and an audit manager to offer you some unique insight to passing the CISA exam, performing IS audits, and audit management, as well as teaching entry-level IS auditors. This firsthand knowledge of what works and what information is most relevant to the professional IS auditor prepares you to study for and pass the CISA exam and perform IS audits with confidence.
Organized according to the examination content areas that are currently defined for preparation and study for the CISA examination, each chapter includes sample test questions found on the CISA examination. In addition to valuable reference material and glossaries of terms, this book covers:
- The IS audit process (ten percent of test content)
- Management, planning, and organization of information systems (eleven percent of test content)
- Technical infrastructure and operational practices (thirteen percent of test content)
- Protection of information assets (twenty-five percent of test content)
- Disaster, recovery, and business continuity (ten percent of test content)
- Business application system development, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance (sixteen percent of test content)
- Business process evaluation and risk management (fifteen percent of test content)
Test yourself using the interactive CD-ROM! This CD-ROM includes the Wiley test engine powered by top-rated Boson software, which allows you to test yourself using practice exams that are randomly generated from the questions in the book.
About the Author
JOHN B. KRAMER is the Information Security Manager and Security Architect for UPMC Health System, a leading health care system with more than 25,000 employees. Mr. Kramer holds both CISA and CISSP certifications. He spent eight years in information systems auditing in large banking, investment, and health care environments, responsible for all phases of the IS audit programs, and has developed audit staff and conducted CISA exam prep training. He is a former vice president of the Pittsburgh ISACA chapter.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Developing a risk-based IS audit process that can be implemented in accordance with generally accepted audit standards and guidelines will ensure that your organization's systems and information technology are adequately controlled and are meeting the needs of the business. Read the first page Browse Sample Pages
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Top Customer Reviews
The software also was bad. I have used Boson software and tests before and found them very good. The test engine may work great, but if the data is wrong, it doesn't matter how great the engine is.
Bottom line - don't buy this book. Get the ISACA study materials. It'll cost three times a much, but it'll be worth it.
The book is detailed enough, but sometimes too detailed to the point where information is organized in bullet form, making it extremely unreadable. Many typo errors (for example, "effect" is printed as "affect") lowers readability even further.
All said, the book does covers a lot of ground, but not the new objectives such as the section on ISO. I'm taking a CISA class so I consider this as supplement in addition to the official book that I will use. Overall, I would still recommend this book for insights into the author's experience, though I would not use it as the sole guide for the examination's preparation.
There isn't a single graphic depiction in the entire book which is dedicated to IS audit. There are numerous typos and the writing style can get monotonous and difficult.
I generally find books on IT and audit as interesting but this one put me to sleep every time. The material was written in such an uninteresting and boring manner that my mind constantly wandered to other topics. The book definitely did not keep my interest.
I generally keep these exam review books as reference guides in my jobs. This one is going back on re-sale - assuming someone buys it after reading these reviews.
To wrap thing up, it's a subpar book with an hefty price tag. I would NOT recommand it to anyone taking an ISACA exam. Your $$$ would be better spent buying the official CRM 2006.
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased this book in Amazon with lot of hope to get a outsider's view on the CISA. Unfortunately there is no consistency in the chapters and I am afraid to what extent this is... Read morePublished on April 28 2004 by Guna
This book came last year, it does not cover the CISA objectives. Too verbose and lot of filler. If you need something easy, quick and direct, there are better resources like... Read morePublished on March 13 2004
I read the book before my CISA review manual arrived. Then after I looked at ISACA 600 review questions, I realized what a waste of time to read this book and a waste of money to... Read morePublished on June 8 2003
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Education & Reference > Studying & Workbooks > Study Guides
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides