- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The CISM Prep Guide: Mastering the Five Domains of Information Security Management Paperback – May 30 2003
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Get ready to pass the CISM exam and earn your certification with this advanced test guide!
There is no better way for you to stand out from the crowd of IT professionals than to get your Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification from the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). Written by the bestselling authors of the CISSP Prep Guide, this comprehensive test guide provides you with all the tools youll need to prepare for and pass the exam. The authors cover the key concepts for each of the five domains, focusing only on the information that ISACA has deemed appropriate for certification. At the end of each chapter, youll find sample questions as well as detailed answers to help you quickly learn the material. Along with these practice tests, the authors arm you with proven techniques that you can use to increase your chances of selecting the correct answers.
This book will prepare you to take the CISM exam. Covering the five CISM job practice areas, it examines the:
- Strategy, roles, and security policies for information security governance
- Life cycle processes, and risk identification and analysis for risk management
- Methods to meet policy requirements for information security program management
- Steps involved in information security management including vulnerability assessments
- Response and recovery plans for response management
The CD-ROM contains all of the questions and answers from the book with the Wiley test engine powered by Boson software.
About the Author
RONALD L. KRUTZ, Ph.D., P.E., CISSP, is a Senior Information Security Consultant with the Information Assurance Solutions (IAS) operation of BAE Enterprise Systems. He is also the lead for all Capability Maturity Model (CMM) engagements for IAS, and developed IASs HIPAA-CMM assessment methodology. Krutz is the coauthor of the CISSP® Prep Guide, The CISSP® Prep Guide, Gold Edition, and the Security+ Prep Guide (Wiley).
RUSSELL DEAN VINES, CISSP, is President and founder of The RDV Group Inc., a New York City-based security consulting services firm. He is the author of Wireless Security Essentials and coauthor of the CISSP® Prep Guide, The CISSP® Prep Guide, Gold Edition, and the Security+ Prep Guide (Wiley).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
My book finishes at page 433. Anything of substance in the book
finishes where appendix A starts at Page 259. In other words there is a lot less to the book than the stated 456 pages. The CISM is considered to be a rival to the CISSP by some, and Krutz & Vines made a decent job with the CISSP Prep Guide (Gold edition). What happened here ?
The Boson questions are woeful with numerous mistakes. I gave feedback to the publishers and was informed that "The publisher and author have acknowledged that this is an error created by the question writer hired to write the questions for the CD test" Were Mr Krutz and Vines too busy to even QA the questions, let alone write them?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is a horrible book for this exam. DO NOT BUY IT. Plain enough?
DO NOT WASTE A DIME ON THIS BOOK!!!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Security+
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks