From the Back Cover
The Canadian Snowbird Guide
has been a national best-seller since its first publication in 1992. Now in its fourth edition, the guide is bigger and better than ever as it keeps pace with Canadian Showbirds who are wintering beyond traditional destinations. Snowbirds are also spending more time outside Canada and need to know the rules and regulation for extended stays when it comes to health insurance needs and ensuring their finances and estate planning are in proper order.
Here are a few of the key topics and innovative ideas that The Canadian Snowbird Guide covers:
- Financial planning for your extended stay in the Sunbelt
- What you need to know about immigration and customs procedures when travelling to the United States
- Options for out-of-country medical insurance coverage
- Taking care of your insurance needs for your car, condo, or RV
- Ensuring your will and trust are updated
- The do's and don'ts of buying real estate in the Sunbelt
- Tax-planning strategies when living part-time in the United States
- Using a home exchange strategy to help cover the costs of your time in the sun
- Snowbirding in Mexico
- What you need to know if you plan to live permanently outside Canada
- Forms and checklists to help you organize your trip
Snowbirds can plan their trips south with confidence and peace of mind knowing that all the housekeeping detailed have been attended to. But don't leave home without taking The Canada Snowbird Guide along—it's an essential reference guide to enjoy your stay in the sun!
About the Author
Douglas Gray, LL.B.
(Vancouver, B.C.) formerly a practicing lawyer, morphed into a consultant, columnist, speaker, and author of 24 bestselling Canadian books on real estate, small business, and personal finance. He is the author of many popular real estate books, including Making Money in Real Estate
, Real Estate Investing for Dummies for Canadians
, and 101 Streetsmart Condo Buying Tips for Canadians
. His website is: www.snowbird.ca