- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Climate Challenge: 101 Solutions to Global Warming Paperback – Nov 1 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
It is easy to feel overwhelmed by the urgency of global climate change. But when author Guy Dauncey assembles the world's best solutions in one place, as he does in The Climate Challenge, a vision emerges of a sustainable energy revolution. He opens the door to a century of exciting change, characterized by renewable energy, sustainable farming, carbon-rich forestry, green cities, electric vehicles, high-speed trains, a blossoming of innovation, and a host of new "green collar" jobs.
The Climate Challenge draws on working solutions from around the world, and lays out the best actions for students and scientists, musicians and mayors, policy-makers and presidents, showing how it is possible to reduce our carbon footprint to almost zero by 2040. Each solution describes steps that are already being used in homes, schools, businesses, cities, and governments around the world-with full scientific references to help the reader dig deeper and push farther.
If you worry about climate change, whether you are an enquiring teenager, a concerned householder, a farmer, forester, business leader, city mayor, or global policy-maker, this book will help you join the movement to help restore the planet's climate and build a new green economy.
About the Author
Guy Dauncey is an author, speaker, and futurist who is President of the BC Sustainable Energy Association, and founder of the Solutions Project. He has authored or co-authored nine books, including the award-winning Stormy Weather, Enough Blood Shed, Cancer, and Building an Ark.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Its section on climate science is easy to read, with clear explanations to all your questions, and websites for additional information.
Most of the book is stories about people helping the Earth. Pick a page or two, whatever your interest - art, radio, architecture, gardening, recycling, aviation, forests, solar energy, politics, building, school etc etc, and read about what other people are doing. You will find weblinks to people and organizations that are reducing carbon emissions. Learn what they tried, how they succeeded,and what else can be done.
"Many of us can visualize a peaceful, sustainable climate-friendly world, but it's not happening as fast as it needs to. Something more is needed. We need a movement that unites people all over the world."
Be a part of the solution. Buy this book for yourself and for everyone you know.
Thank you for caring.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Climatology > Climate Changes
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Rivers
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Weather
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Weather
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Rivers
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Renewable Energy
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Environmental Studies