Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
The Colour and the Shape Import
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Japanese Release Containing a Bonus Track: Dear Lover.
A major criticism of the Foo Fighters' self-titled debut was its supposed lack of, you know, passion among the well-crafted songs and well-crafted rock. This time out, if it's wreckage you want, it's wreckage you get. The Colour & the Shape grows deeper the more it's played, with the band's ripping power more than matched by Dave Grohl's fascinating examinations of pain and divorce. There's even a convincing long slow ballad, "November Stars," whose intensity should win over doubters. If that doesn't work, then the screaming "My Hero" will. --Rickey Wright --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
What sets it apart and above the rest is the depth of the album. For instance, while "There is Nothing Left to Lose" begins with three great songs it sort of tapers off as the album progresses. Not so with "The Colour and the Shape."
Songs like "Monkey Wrench", "My Hero", "Everlong", and "Walking After You" are well-known (and maybe slighly overplayed when it comes to the first two) but all 13 songs are quality listens. Moreover, the album grows on you with each spin -- I remember liking some songs but not others at first but now really like the whole thing. I really doubt this is an album you would grow tired of or only hear a lot at first and then let collect dust.
I think the Foo Fighters are one of the coolest bands around and this represents the coolest of their work. Each song is pretty good; the guitar on this album is rugged and hard-charging without ever devolving into headache-inducing noise.
1. Doll- About a 1:30 slow song with daves great voice 5/5
2. Monkey Wrench - Fasted paced in-your-face song. One of the best songs on the album 5/5
3. Hey, Johnny Park - A CLASSIC 5/5
4. My Poor Brain - If it sounds screwed up in the begining the cd is fine. Another great song. 5/5
5. Wind up - I really didn't get the song but it's cool, gets old after a while. 4/5
6. Up in arms - I really didn't care for this song 3/5
7. My Hero - This song is The BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM. It's hard not to think about Kurt & no matter how many times u listen to the song it seems like ur listening to it for the first time. 10/5
8. See You - I didn't car for this song too much either.... 3/5
9. Enough Space - this song gets old really fast 3/5
10. Febuary Stars - This is one of their slower songs on thier album but it's ok
11. Everlong - This is slso one of their greater songs on the album. it's more of a summer song(also a good song to put on while on a date!). 9/5
12. Walking After You - Also another great song to put on during a date 5/5
13. A New Way Home - it's in the same form as come back (on the the foo's new album one by one) 5/5
This is the Foo Fighters Best album next to nirvana albums i also recomend one by one the foo's new album
Most recent customer reviews
If you like the Foo's, you are probably a fan of this album already. Content is great. Monumental record for them. Vinyl pressing was flat, clean and sounds really good. Read morePublished 11 months ago by LC9000
A relentless onslaught of pure rage and bliss. This is the peak of brilliance for Dave Grohl and company. Read morePublished on Dec 23 2013 by FRED
Even if they are all very good, this is my favorite Foo Fighters album. The first album had been created while Grohl was still with Nirvana and I think the future of the Foos might... Read morePublished on July 1 2006 by Sam Doucette
"Everlong" by the Foo Fighters voted Best Song Ever by everybody, everywhere! (Narrowly beat out Led Zepplin's Stairway To Heaven, J.S. Read morePublished on Feb. 13 2006 by Ian Anderson
This cd's for sure one of the Foo Fighter's best albums. All the songs are really original and a breath of fresh air. Read morePublished on June 29 2004 by T. Christensen
How can anyone out there claim to be a rock fan without owning or experiencing this album. Everlong is one of the best written and produced songs, just listen to it.Published on June 15 2004