The Complete Chile Pepper Book: A Gardener's Guide to Choosing, Growing, Preserving, and Cooking Hardcover – Sep 16 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This is a nicely done work that will fit well within any culinary or gardening collection and will appeal to both the novice and the expert gardener. Recommended."
About the Author
Paul W. Bosland leads the chile pepper breeding and genetic research program at NMSU, directs the university’s Chile Pepper Institute, and serves as chairman of the annual New Mexico Chile Conference. He has released more than forty cultivated varieties, including a a habanero chile, ‘NuMex Suave’, which retains the unique habanero flavors without the heat. He also discovered ‘Trinidad Scorpion’, the first chile pepper to exceed 2 million scoville heat units.
Dave DeWitt has written or coauthored more than thirty books on peppers and has edited two magazines on the subject. Chair of the board of the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum, Dave is an adjunct associate professor at New Mexico State University. His media company, Sunbelt Shows, Inc., produces the annual National Fiery Foods & Barbecue Show.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There is a very useful section on Diseases and Pests. The Composting chapter is also interesting. Just love the chapter on Drying, Smoking, Powders and Spice Blends in particular. Heck - the entire book is interesting!
The contents are well researched and more complete than anywhere else. It definitely inspires me to research and grow more chiles next year, even in Alberta which doesn't exactly have the longest summers! But I can hardly wait to experiment.
You must get this book if you are obsessed with anything chile related. You will not regret it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking by Ingredient > Herbs, Spices & Condiments
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > U.S. Regional > Southwest
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegetables & Vegetarian > Vegetables
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > By Plant > Peppers & Chiles
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Vegetables
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Crop Science
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Crop Science