The Definition of Standard ML Paperback – Feb 14 1990
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Robin Milner was Professor Emeritus of Computer Science at the University of Cambridge, UK, and Professor at the Informatics Forum in the University of Edinburgh.
Mads Tofte is Vice Chancellor, IT University of Copenhagen.
Robert Harper is a Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Standard ML is a very powerful language because of the abilities it grants and the restrictions it enforces. While reading this book will not teach you SML, it will help reinforce its subtle elegance. If you have developed an infatuation with this language, you will not be able to resist the only book that truly contains it.
While not necessary to enjoy this volume, a prerequisite to have any understanding of its contents is some sort of background in type theory and mathematical logic that a course like this one taught by Harper... can only begin to provide.
And remember, ML loves you!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Distributed Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Parallel Processing Computers
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics