The Desert Is Theirs Paperback – Apr 30 1987
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Byrd Baylor lives and writes in Arizona, presenting images of the Southwest and an intense connection between the land and the people. Her prose illustrates vividly the value of simplicity, the natural world, and the balance of life within it.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Story is appropriate for children but has a wonderful meaning and is like poetry for adults. Images are simple and beautiful - could frame some pages for the wall!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I have purchased and read many of "Byrd Baylor's" books. Read them to grandchildren and also read them to very elderly frail folk in nursing home care and been very much enjoyed by all.
As a teacher, I used this book in writing projects to emphasize that often more is not better. The art also provided opportunity to get away from child-typical rainbows and flat grass.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Explore the World
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Biology
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 4-8
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction