The Distant Beacon Audio CD – Jun 1 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Well-written, with a strong and unique plot and endearing characters. The authors have an excellent understanding of the historical era." -- Romantic Times, March 2002 --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Janette Oke (pronounced "oak") pioneered inspirational fiction and is the leading author in the category today. Love Comes Softly, her first novel, has sold over one million copies. Janette is now the bestselling author of over 70 books, 32 of which have been translated into fourteen languages. Her books have sold over 22 million copies.
Janette receives fan mail from all over the world and answers each letter personally. She received the 1992 President's Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association for her significant contribution to Christian fiction, the 1999 CBA Life Impact Award and has been awarded the Gold Medallion Award for fiction.
Janette and her husband, Edward, have four grown children and enjoy their many grandchildren. They make their home in Canada. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Top Customer Reviews
Throughout it all, the relationship between family members is strengthened and enriched by the love they share for one another. I am looking forward to book 5 this fall.
As Nicole travels, she wonders if she will ever truly find a home, and if she will ever find the right man's love.
Messages of courageous faith, forgiveness, and love are woven into this book. I won't give away the exciting twists and turns, but I will say that I loved this riveting and well-written book!
Most recent customer reviews
I didn't want to put the book down. Very well written with interesting characters.Published 14 months ago by Sandi
It was a really good book that I got deep into, but I must admit the historical perspective of the book was off in places. That did not take away from this gripping story. Read morePublished on May 7 2004 by Meg
I realized what a glorious text this was after I read thru it for the second time. The first time thru I got the impression that the storyline was somewhat scattered. Read morePublished on July 30 2002 by C. Jurjevich
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > History > United States
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Literature & Fiction > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Literature & Fiction > Religious
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Literature & Fiction > Unabridged
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > Fiction
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Romance
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Romance
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Fiction
- Books > Romance > Contemporary