- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Dorlikon Emigrants: Swiss Settlers and Cultural Founders in the United States:. A Personal Report by Konrad Basler Hardcover – Jan 1 1997
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
In the years 1738 through 1743 five families emigrated from the author's village in northern Switzerland to Carolina, as the records say. No news of their fate returned. Did they ever reach the other side of the Ocean? If so, where did they settle? Do descendants of these families still exist? Swiss Settlers and Cultural Founders in the United States captures the author's discoveries.
About the Author
The Author: Konrad Basler was born in Thalheim on the Thur, a small community formerly named Dorlikon, from which the five families emigrated. Pennsylvania became a second home to him as he worked on his Ph.D. at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Between 1977 and 1991, he was a representative in the Swiss National Assembly. Today Konrad Basler is a partner of Basler & Hofmann, Ingenieure und Planer AG, Zürich, Switzerland.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 19th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Switzerland
- Books > History > Europe > Western
- Books > History > United States > 19th Century
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Customs & Traditions
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Ethnic Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > United States
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology