- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The New Economics for Industry, Government, Education Paperback – Jul 31 2000
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
W. Edwards Deming (1900-1993) was an international consultant in quality and productivity management. In 1987 President Ronald Reagan awarded him the National Medal of Technology.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If all managerial leaders of this world were to listen, be able to understand and follow Deming's ideas and underlying philosophies, societies will be enhanced beyond recognition in many aspects.
However, if you are a lone crusader in your organisation or even country, then you are in for hell... but do hang on tight, as the world generally hates challenges in any forms and situations... Implementing Deming's philosophies (as with any corporate strategy) involves innovation by the introduction of new ideas into an organisation, which includes rearrangements from jobs and roles to structures and systems; which people generally hate. Even within the book, Deming had already highlighted the various problems to that, and had always emphasised on EDUCATION of the organisation, rather than decreed training to extinguish corporate flames, for he had said:
"Knowledge is theory. We should be thankful if action of management is based on theory. Knowledge has temporal spread. Information is not knowledge. The world is drowning in information but is slow in acquisition of knowledge. There is no substitute for knowledge."
- W. Edwards Deming 12th September 1993
This is my humble tribute to a great man.
After reading this book, I bought another Deming book, Out of the Crisis. It was similar though longer and more mathematical -- a plus for me.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Theory
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Total Quality Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Theory
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Total Quality Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Productivity
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Quality Control
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Enterpeneurship
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management