The Economics of Modern Business Enterprise Hardcover – Mar 30 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'The Economics of Modern Business Enterprise, edited by Martin Ricketts, focuses upon the historical development of the transaction cost view of the firm - with "transaction cost" interpreted rather broadly. Its three volumes comprise the most influential papers in the field, introduced by the editor with an extremely well written introduction. The three volumes address graduate students of business economics. They are so well selected, ordered and introduced that they may as well serve as a handbook on "the new institutional economics of the firm."'- Rudolf Richter, University of Saarland, Germany and The Hoover Institution, Stanford University, US'Martin Ricketts' collection of leading articles on "The Economics of Modern Business Enterprise" is organized in three volumes: "Transaction Costs, Property Rights and the Entrepreneur," "Ownership and Scope," and "Incentives and Control." No student of business and economic organization can fail to be impressed by Ricketts' knowledge of this literature. Equally important is the manner in which this collection is organized: Ricketts tracks the historical development of key ideas in this area from early contributions in the 1970s to the present and uses "transaction costs," broadly construed, as the organizing theme. This vast literature is given added meaning and perspective in the process, to the benefit of both new and active participants. This collection not only, therefore, records the significant accomplishments of this exciting research arena but will serve as a springboard for the continuation thereof.'- Oliver E. Williamson, University of California, Berkeley, US
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Microeconomics
- Books > Business & Investing > International
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Microeconomics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics > Microeconomics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > International Business