- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Elements of Private Investigation: An Introduction to the Law, Techniques, and Procedures Hardcover – Oct 19 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
The author emphasizes legal and liability issues, and provides a comprehensive introduction to the professional requirements, investigative techniques, and legal responsibilities of the modern investigator. It supplies private and corporate security professionals with best practice investigative techniques, highlights the risks that investigators are likely to encounter, and details what PIs can and can’t do in the eyes of the law.
―ASIS Dynamics, March /April 2010
About the Author
Anthony D. Manley retired from the Nassau County Police Department after twenty-six years as a patrol officer, plainclothes officer, detective investigator, and supervisor.
During the last twelve years of police service, Mr. Manley served as a New York State certified police instructor at the police academy, specializing in areas such as management, supervision, and operational standards. Concurrently, during that period, he was assigned to the Departmental Inspection Unit; a specialized squad of administrative officers that conducted detailed examination and analysis, along with internal management and operational audits of all commands within the department, reporting directly to the Commissioner of Police.
Since leaving the department, he has several years’ experience as a security consultant, including eleven years in contractual and proprietary management and administrative positions in the private retail sector.
Moreover, during the period 1992 to 2005, Mr. Manley was a certified New York State Security Guard Instructor, curriculum developer and senior instructor for a large private school specializing in security officer training, disaster management, loss prevention, supervisory and management development and assorted professional and management training programs and seminars.
Mr. Manley has earned an Associate Degree (AAS) in Criminal Justice, a Baccalaureate Degree (BA) in Criminal Justice Management, and a Master of Public Administration degree (MPA). Among his affiliation with various active and retired police associations, he also is a Past President of the Retired Police Association of the State of New York, Inc.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Investing > Reference > Shopping & Commerce
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Security
- Books > Law > Administrative Law
- Books > Law > Criminal Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > War & Peace
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Law > Criminal Law
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences