The Ethics of Diet: A Catena of Authorities Deprecatory of the Practice of Flesh-Eating Hardcover – Oct 15 2003
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Now we can join Gandhi and Tolstoy and nameless others who encountered this vigorous and invigorating book. Welcome to a company of radicals who believed we could and should stop eating non-human animals. They brought vegetarianism out of history and into the here and now." -- from the introduction
About the Author
Howard Williams is senior lecturer in archaeology at the University of Chester and author of Death & Memory in Early Medieval Britain. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
HESIOD-the poet par excellence of peace and of agriculture, as Homer is of war and of the "heroic" virtues-was born at Ascra, a village in Boeotia, a part of Hellas, which, in spite of its proverbial fame for beefeating and stupidity, gave birth to three other eminent persons-Pindar, the lyric poet, Epameinondas, the great military genius and statesman, and Plutarch, the most amiable moralist of antiquity. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Gastronomy > Essays
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegetables & Vegetarian > Vegan
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Food Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Food Science
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animal Rights
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Animal Rights