No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This is the basic book -- yet with all the essential details -- for the family that decides to keep a cow for all the benefits she can provide. Learn first the costs, the gains, what she gives and takes. There are practical, fully illustrated chapters that include:
- The history and behavior of the cow.
- Nutritional needs, from grass to milk.
- Buying a cow -- the sources, breeds and factors to consider.
- Handling techniques, housing and fencing.
- Feeds and feeding -- cow and calf.
- Milking and uses of milk.
- Health and diseases, breeding and calving.
- Growing feed crops, use of manure.
The Family Cow is complete with data charts and tables, a glossary of agricultural terms, and source lists of books and equipment.