The Fast Metabolism Diet: Eat More Food and Lose More Weight Hardcover – Apr 9 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“This is not a fad diet. It’s a medically proven method of food as medicine to fight obesity, cure chronic illness, and heal a broken metabolism. Haylie’s years of experience and wisdom blends the perfectly delicious plan to create revolutionary results.” Dr. Jacqueline Fields M.D.
"Without question, Haylie is the biggest celebrity weight loss guru… period. And here's the reason so many stars and athletes flock to her: it works, and it's easy. Unlike all of the "quick-fix" gimmicks and fad diets, the weight STAYS off. I dropped 25 lbs. in the first month, and 10 more after, all with great food, and no counting calories. I call her my witch (the good kind). It's not magic, but it sure feels like it." -David Swift, CEO Swift Entertainment
As I was reading The Fast Metabolism Diet I felt like the kid from Chorus Line who sang 'I can Do That.' So I'm doing the diet and watching the 2O ugly pounds drop…. Buy a case of books and watch your neighborhood shrink to right size. --Albert Clayton Gaulden, founding director, The Sedona Intensive and author of You're Not Who You Think You Are and Signs and Wonders.
About the Author
With clinics in Beverly Hills, Burbank, Irvine, and Fort Collins, nutritionist HAYLIE POMROY' is highly regarded in Hollywood and in the medical community for her ability to effect rapid, healthy weight loss. Her impressive client list includes celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, Reese Witherspoon, Cher, Raquel Welch and Robert Downey Jr.
She appears regularly on NBC's Extra and Access Hollywood, and in Marie Claire, People, Star, and more. Haylie is Vice President of Clinical Research and Development for East West Essentials, and a registered wellness consultant and holistic counselor.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
P.S. I took Haylie's suggestion and had a cooking day. I made the Turkey Chili and the Chicken & Veggie Soup. I froze each serving in single freezer tupperwares and marked which phase they were for. It makes it so much easier, especially if you are a busy person! :o)
i am on my 3rd month on this program and i have already lost 23 lbs. it took me a couple of days to get adjusted to the variety of foods and the way of eating, but once you master it and plan it out, (which is key to the success of this program) its a breeze. the recipes are awesome. i have shared them with my friends and they loved them.
i was recently away on a business trip for a week and tried to eat properly and follow the program, but that didn't go to well. i not only felt awful, i gained two pounds. when i returned home, i went back on the program and lost the weight i gained and i feel great!
this is a book that i will keep and will refer to in the future. totally recommend it
1) LOVE the rotating schedule. You don't get bored. The only annoying phase is phase two, but it's only for two days - completely manageable. For 5 days a week you get to eat legit yummy food (bread /wraps, pasta, mangos, pineapple, almond butter, guacamole, hummus, coconut curry. Good stuff!)
2) I don't have cravings for 5 of the 7 days (phase two I crave sugar).
3) I've discovered Xylitol, which in my opinion tastes better than Stevia. It's pretty darn close to regular sugar - I'll be making a permanent switch even when the diet is done.
4) It feels good to know I'm feeding my kids organic. My family will try to continue this habit when the diet is done.
1) It's sooo expensive to go organic
2) The preparation is very time consuming. You have to plan ahead.
3) There are errors on the suggested meal maps (food missing), so you have to cross reference with the Master Blank Meal Map to make sure you're getting all the food you are suppose to eat.
4) I miss coffee. There is just something comforting about having that nice warm cup in your hand. (And the initial withdrawal SUCKS - quit 3 days ahead of starting the diet so you can pop tylenol).
Overall, I highly recommend this diet (with the caveat that realistically you'll lose 8-10lbs, not 20. Still good for 1 month). For maintenance, I plan to do the 4-week cycle once every January as a metabolism reboot.
Most recent customer reviews
Just what I have been needing! A diet that allows you to actually eat until you are stuffed, with good healthy food.Published 23 days ago by Dobelover
I have received my book and I should like it because my brother and his wife have it and they've lost weight. So , thank you for sending me the book.Published 1 month ago by Noella Shank
This is one of the first eating programs that makes sense to me and leads to lifestyle-changing eating without giving up on eating quantity or quality.Published 1 month ago by wat.cowboy