The Flying Dutchman in Full Score Paperback – May 16 2012
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Der Fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman) was Richard Wagner's first big success, following his promising but less-than-hit compositions, Die Feen (The Fairies) and Rienzi. Today, many still find Dutchman the most accessible of Wagner's works, and a good choice for the neophyte. You can follow the score and see how Wagner achieved his orchestral effects--like the tense, stormy music of the Dutchman's crew--with this full score from Dover. A full score is more fun for the armchair conductor, and more useful for the student, but they're not as good a deal for working singers who just need the vocal lines and piano accompaniment. Dover Scores are reprints of out-of-copyright editions from other publishers, and sometimes contain errors that have been corrected in more recent versions, but they're still the biggest bargain going in printed music.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The score score was fine except for no English translation.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Composers > Wagner
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Ballet & Dance
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Opera
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Historical Period > Late Romantic
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Composition