The complete resource to fun and easy fondue cooking -- an ideal entertaining guide.
Fondue is the ideal way for enjoying the company of family and friends at a meal where everyone cooks. Featuring a limitless variety of ingredients, flavors and cooking styles, fondue dishes are amazingly easy to prepare.
There's a whole new world beyond the familiar cheese and chocolate fondues. Consider the following:
- Hot oil fondues such as ginger beef fondue, zesty lime chicken, or tempura cauliflower
- Savory broth fondues like Mongolian hot pot, honey garlic chicken fondue, or Thai pork fondue in lemongrass broth.
For traditional recipes with a new spin or two:
- Emmentaler fondue with caramelized shallots
- Cheddar cheese and beer fondue
- Decadent finishers like bittersweet chocolate fondue, white chocolate and toffee, or cherries jubilee fondue.
Ilana Simon includes dozens of dips and sauces specially designed to complement the 200 recipes in this book. Her menu-planning suggestions, guide to using and maintaining different types of fondue pots, and tips and techniques will turn a fondue meal into an event to remember.