Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 11, 2004
First off, this book should not be titled "Buying And..." as it is oriented almost entirely to the seller.
Second off, the author is either too lazy, or, more likely, trying to sell memberships in the Restaurant Association. There simply is not excuse not to provide specific guidance to setting a price when you are charging so much for a book ($19.95 plus shipping) purported to provide "Everything you need to know to buy, sell, and finance a restaurant business."
Not to slip into their trap of generalization, I will explain that comment. Starting on page 38, Setting the right price, the writer discusses the various methods - market approach; cost approach; income approach and does a good job introducing the reader to these and profitability, rule of thumb and so forth. Then, however, the author continually tells the reader to consult [...] without giving any reasonable guidance.
That, my friends, is a sham to be truly respected by the men and women now running for President!
Let me rephrase. "Friends, what this country needs is two [check out my fine information at [...] and you too can have a vacation every month of the year for the rest of my term, but only if you visit my website at [...]
All the above just goes to prove that organizations involved in publishing proprietary information directed at their membership probably need to take care when they try earning a sideline income publishing booklets for the downscale market.
Because it is so hard to get good entrepreneurial information for cottage industry start-ups, I am starting a publishing company and magazine named LJ's Breaking Free! for those great folks wanting to break free from bondage to corporate wage-slaving. Anybody interested?
Having so chastized them, I will tell you I've read Restaurant Site Location and it was much more thorough and much more helpful - Bill Anderson (LJ).
on January 17, 2004
The books cover all the bases, providing clear explanations and helpful, specific information, I have not bought a restaurant yet, but I will and this book helped alot for just a little
on July 7, 2003
With the help of this neat little book I bought my first restaurant !! Worth it's weight in gold!