The Forager's Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants Paperback – Oct 15 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Samuel Thayer is an internationally known authority on edible wild plants. His first book, The Forager's Harvest, has won three awards.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I do think that this book would be better suited to those who live in more rural areas, or who have access to more intense equipment like canoes. However, as an urbanite, there are lots of references to wild greens and berries that I can find in the city. All around a great book, not meant to be a complete reference, but especially good for beginners like myself.
Most recent customer reviews
Thayer is absolutely the best writer on wild foods around. His books are exceedingly well illustrated and explained. Read morePublished 9 months ago by A. C. Seruntine
A great book to read as a novel (fascinating stories and descriptions) and to use as a reference book. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Josee J Nadeau
This will come in handy when my spouse goes on a local rafting trip in Northern Ontario. Full of lots of great information.Published 22 months ago by April Fletcher
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Agricultural
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Natural Foods
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Agricultural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Economics
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Flora
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Plants
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference