- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Global Film Book Paperback – Feb 25 2014
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Global Film is as much about business as it is about cinema, society, and enculturation. The text's ideological bent, which evokes Stuart Hall and the Birmingham School, gives it a political-economy-of-film veneer... [it] is a comendable effort to chart this ephemeral and inexhaustible trove of cultural riches." - Tony Osborne, Gonzaga University, Communication Research Trends
About the Author
Roy Stafford has taught film in further, higher and adult education in the UK. He is now a freelance lecturer working in cinema-based film education. He is co-author of The Media Student’s Book (5th edition, 2010) and has written widely on film including Understanding Audiences and the Film Industry (2007) and study guides on La haine (2000) and Seven Samurai (2001).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Industry
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology