The Halifax Explosion: Surviving The Blast That Shook A Nation Paperback – Oct 20 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
A boat full of explosives headed in to the harbour as a large cargo ship steamed out to sea. What happened next, on a fateful day in December 1917, is etched in history. At least 1900 people lost their lives and 9000 were injured when the largest man-made explosion ever experienced ripped through Halifax and nearby Dartmouth. Panic reigned as the survivors struggled to comprehend what had happened.
About the Author
Joyce Glasner lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Her Articles on gardening, travel, and the arts have appeared in a variety of publications. Her first book, The Halifax Explosion: Surviving the Blast that Shook a Nation was published by Altitude in 2003.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Canadian
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > 20th Century
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 20th Century > World War I
- Books > History > Canada > 20th Century
- Books > History > Military > Canada
- Books > History > Military > World War I
- Books > History > United States > 20th Century > World War I
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Military