The Holocaust as Culture Hardcover – Jun 15 2012
See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A slim, stimulating volume."(Times Literary Supplement)
About the Author
Imre Kertész, born of Jewish descent in Budapest, was deported to Auschwitz in 1944 and from there to Buchenwald, from where he was liberated in 1945. His books include Fateless, Kaddish for an Unborn Child, and The Union Jack. Thomas Cooper has translated works of poetry and prose by many contemporary Hungarian authors, including Imre Kertész, Zsuzsa Rakovszky, and Péter Esterházy.
There are no customer reviews yet.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Authors
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Jewish
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > History > Europe > Germany > Holocaust
- Books > History > Jewish > Holocaust
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Eastern European
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Jewish