- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The IBOC Handbook: Understanding HD Radio (TM) Technology Hardcover – Jun 20 2007
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book explains how IBOC works and how to implement it, and should be on the desk of every radio broadcast engineer and every person who designs or implements IBOC technology.
About the Author
David Maxson is Managing Partner of Broadcast Signal Lab, LLP, which he co-founded in 1982 to serve the needs of radio and television stations in the northeastern United States. Under his direction, Broadcast Signal Lab provides a full spectrum of technical services related to radio frequency safety, regulatory compliance, compatibility and interference issues. David also consults with emerging wireless and broadcasting technology companies on digital media deployment issues. For twenty years David served Charles River Broadcasting Company, whose flagship station was classical radio WCRB, Boston. As Vice President, Director of Engineering he was responsible for technical and engineering matters for the company's radio stations, its classical music production and syndication company, and its commercial sound system company. David is Broadcast Signal Lab's representative to the National Radio Systems Committee (NRSC) Digital Audio Broadcasting Subcommittee. With the NRSC, he was closely involved with the testing and evaluation of proposed In-Band, On-Channel (IBOC) digital radio broadcasting systems, which ultimately led to a formal IBOC standard in April of 2005. David chaired the NRSC DAB Data Multiplexing and Transport Task Group. He has published and presented numerous technical papers on IBOC signal measurement technique and on data broadcasting technology.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I used to book to help study for the SBE Digital Radio Broadcast Specialist Certification Exam (DRB) and found it extremely helpful.
The casual reader will grasp IBOC in concept, but the serious reader will appreciate Maxson's detailed explanations of each elegant component of the IBOC scheme...complemented with equation, example, and metaphor to help the reader really understand what's going on, each chapter building on the knowledge gleaned from the previous chapters.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Radio
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications > Radio & Wireless
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Industrial Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts