For those animal lovers less inclined to adopt a furry friend, finding up-to-date reptile information and ownership instruction can be a challenge. Karen Rosenthal's The Iguana: An Owner's Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pet
is both a perfect start for any new or potential owner and a quality-of-care check for seasoned owners. The Iguana
covers everything from selecting an ectotherm and understanding its environmental needs to discussions on behavior and a glossary of relevant terminology. While the book is solid in content, it is always a good idea to investigate other resources for further discussion on controversial issues such as protein intake levels and keeping iguanas as free-roaming house pets. Rosenthal's book helps with this as well, and the bibliography is a great springboard to continued exploration.
From the Back Cover
- Best Information
- Best Resources
- Best Photos
- The Best Advice to Select and Care For Your Iguana
With The Iguana: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet
you will discover easy ways to provide the very best in care for your iguana.
A reptile expert and an author offer straightforward advice so that you can create a thriving environment for your new family member.
The Iguana offers:
- Completely up-to-date resources, including top Web sites of interest to iguana owners
- Information on how to choose the right iguana for you
- Ways to make lizard-keeping an enjoyable, educational experience for you and your family
- An exploration of appropriate iguana housing, diets, and healthcare
- Full-color photographs of iguanas from hatchling to adult