- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Image of the City Paperback – Jun 15 1960
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
...a readable, tautly organized, authoritative volume...(Architectural Forum)
This small and readable book makes one of the most important modern contributions to large-scale design theory.(David A. Crane Journal of the American Institute of Planners)
About the Author
Kevin Lynch (1918-1984) studied with Frank Lloyd Wright at Taliesin and later obtained a Bachelor of City Planning degree from MIT. After a long and distinguished career on the faculty of the MIT School of Architecture and Urban Planning, he was named Professor Emeritus of City Planning.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Il est aujourd'hui fréquemment évoqué en urbanisme, les idées de M. Lynch permettent de composer des villes plus faciles pour s'orienter, plus marquantes.
Most recent customer reviews
Great find at a very good price. Book is a necessary for any architect or planning professional, as it highlights the core elements (according to Lynch) that make up a... Read morePublished on Nov. 3 2011 by RicoChico
Urban design students or even current practitioners must have this book in their library. Truely a classic text whose ideas have helped shaped many a city since it's release.Published on June 14 2011 by Graham W.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Buildings
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Architecture
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture