- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Art of Investigative Interviewing Paperback – Oct 23 2002
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
The writing style and organizational methodology used in The Art of Investigative Interviewing, A human approach to testimonial evidence is nontraditional and captures the reader's interest. The approach used by Mr. Yeschke is to use knowledge bases and disciplines not normally associated with this subject matter. Of particular interest is the psychological or 'human need' to construct. This is the single most important element of an interviewing text, as the urge to reveal information, or not to, is fundamentally based upon an interviewer's ability to correctly interpret human behaviour. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Charles L. Yeschke has been working in the investigation field for more than 30 years. As an FBI special agent, Mr. Yeschke was certified as a polygraphist and conducted hundreds of detection of deception examinations in various federal criminal investigations. He has authored numerous articles and publications on interviewing. Currently, he is the proprietor of Charles Yeschke Associates, a firm providing confidential investigation services, security/loss prevention consulting, and training seminars.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The text is a perfect combination of real, practical, and effective techniques/procedures and actual case examples. The text goes into great detail in building the basic foundation of effective interviewing skills, such as understanding human psychology (in deception), proper interview preparation, successfully employing the self-fulfilling prophecy, tactical concepts, evidence collection, public vs. private sector investigations, the interview process, controlling the interview environment, proper phrasing of questions (closed vs. open questions), and evaluating the evidence obtained from the interview. The text then demonstrates practical application of these skills using actual case examples. I highly recommend this text to anyone looking to learn effective investigative interviewing skills.
As always, check with your local library or bookstore to see if you can read/review this or any title before deciding to make a purchase. This method has effectively allowed me to make the most of my investigative library budget.
I hope you found this review helpful. [...]
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Applied Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Forensic Psychology
- Books > Law > Criminal Law > Law Enforcement
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Criminology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Forensic Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Law Enforcement
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Enterpeneurship
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Law
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology