The John Deere Story: A Biography of Plowmakers John and Charles Deere Hardcover – Mar 31 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A most useful addition to the literature on Deere and Company, and the environment in which the business operated."—Agricultural History Review
"Lucidly written ... an interesting picture of John and Charles in a concise and very readable book."—Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society
"[An] outstanding study in business history ... particularly illuminating on the close relations that bound industry to agriculture during the pioneering period of settlement in the Midwest. It is an enthralling story."—Indiana Magazine of History
About the Author
Jeremy Dahlstrom and Neil Dahlstrom, natives of "John Deere Country" in Moline, Illinois, tell this engaging, inspirational story of John and Charles Deere, shedding light on the two men as business partners and as a devoted father-and-son team. Historian David Vaught provides an introduction describing the role that Deere & Company played in the industrialization of American agriculture.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
There is a lot of detail in this book, so follow the names of the cast of characters closely. It's worth a read!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Business
- Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History > Captains of Industry
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Special Topics > Agricultural Engineering