biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on December 15, 2011
This book is so incredible; clear and well thought out.
I got Volume 1 as part of our mandatory readings for the Yoga teacher training (Frog Lotus Yoga-amazing!) and we used it all the time in anatomy class. Some students had brought Volume 2 and we referred to it a lot.
I recently purchased a copy and it's been assisting me in designing specific classes. For example, I covered a Yoga for Runners class for my friend and I really wanted the participants to get a deep stretch in the legs and this book broke down the tiniest variations to stretch slightly different parts of the muscles! I made the book available to students after class because it puts a visual to what's going on in their bodies! It is useful.
on November 13, 2015
This is a very helpful book for anyone interested in yoga and anatomy. The only reason I did not rate it a five star was simply because it might not be as useful for someone who does not have much knowledge about anatomy. That said, the images are easy to understand, and demonstrate great awareness of what muscles we should be working to engage or relax in poses. The write ups with each pose further add detail to the images (though this is where it might challenge someone without much background). If you are interested in anatomy, and yoga, this is a valuable book to have.
I am a yoga teacher and found the information helpful for my own practice, and to help my students. I will be using this book with one-on-one clients or in workshops as the images are really amazing.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon October 1, 2012
If you've ever wondered what muscles and tendons your body uses for different poses, this book will illustrate it very graphically. It's a beautiful book and I think it would be equally helpful to both people that are new to yoga and those who are experienced practitioners. The detail is quite amazing. It would also be useful when you have a pulled muscle or tendon or when something hurts and you don't know what it is, especially if you have limited knowledge of anatomy. When trying to get further into a pose, this book will illustrate what to do and how to move to accomplish that goal. Very well done.
on June 7, 2014
The quality of printing and information in this book is amazing. If you want to further your knowledge of anatomy related to yoga, this is the book for you.
on October 5, 2012
Love the series
Bought vol. 1 & 2 for my yoga teacher training program
I'm only in week 2 so I can't say I understand them completely yet
But very nice to see the muscles in action
Illustrations are lovely in general
This is still something nice to have as a teacher or serious student
on December 1, 2014
This book is amazing! I've had the first volume for years and it's been a wonderful tool. Now, with this book as part of my library, I'm thrilled at the amazing reference I now have access to!
on May 22, 2013
Great book, interesting information.

The information in this book helped me go deeper in my poses.

I would recommend this book to all yoga enthusiast.
on November 26, 2012
I have found this to be a very readable working text. Iwould have paid extra to have it spiral bound as I can see that eventually it will fall apart.
on September 30, 2013
A wonderful book. It is Very helpful and a joy to use when doing the actual Yoga. Excellent with detailed graphics, can recommend.
on November 18, 2014
Beautiful illustrations. A must-have for any serious yoga student interested in understanding the anatomy of the poses.