- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia Paperback – Apr 11 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Each edition of The Labor Progress Handbook improves on the previous one, and this third edition is an even more indispensable resource for maternity care practitioners, especially within the context of today's overuse of birth technology, cesarean sections, and nonevidence-based management practices. Congratulations, Penny Simkin and Ruth Ancheta! You've given caregivers a powerful gift to pass on to childbearing women ... again!." (Birth, 1 March 2012)
From the Back Cover
The third edition of The Labor Progress Handbook builds on the success of first two editions and remains an unparalleled resource on simple, non-invasive interventions to prevent or treat difficult labor. Retaining the hallmark features of previous editions, the book is replete with illustrations showing position, movements, and techniques and is logically organized to facilitate ease of use.
This edition includes two new chapters on third and fourth stage labor management and low-technology interventions, a complete analysis of directed versus spontaneous pushing, and additional information on massage techniques. The authors have updated references throughout, expertly weaving the highest level of evidence with years of experience in clinical practice.
The Labor Progress Handbook continues to be a must-have resource for those involved in all aspects of birth by providing practical instruction on low-cost, low-risk interventions to manage and treat dystocia.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The only reason I decided on a 4-star rating is for the Kindle version of this book. There were a few minor typos and grammatical errors. None of them made the material unreadable, but it was annoying.
I would not recommend this for the woman not very interested in birth (Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Natural Childbirth is better for that) but if birth fascinates you this book is ideal.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Midwifery
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Surgery
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Maternity, Perinatal & Women's Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Midwifery
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Maternity, Perinatal & Women's Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Maternity, Perinatal, Women's Health