1. This show was a Saturday Morning Tv Show, not a big budget, big screen motion picture.
2. It was intended for a younger audience, so if your looking for a complicated sophisticated script with advanced diolog you may be disappointed.
3. Much of the action is shot in front of a "blue screen" and it is difficult for the young actors to react to something that is not there.
4. Kroffts did not have the money at their disposal that big movie studios have to throw around.
5. The technology predates the origianl Star Wars by 3 years, and Jurassic Park by 20. So, if you are looking for high tech effects, you may be disappointed.
With those things in mind, this show is incredible! I am afriad many compare it to Jurassic Park and comment that the effects are lame. Give the show a break! This is Saturday morning TV, the mid 1970's, and the buget was limited. The stories are well taylored for young audiences while intriguing for the older. It is tough to write a good science fiction screen play to fit a 24 minute time frame, and they always pulled it off. Kudos to all who labored over this show from script writing, to creating the intricate sets, to the special effects, to the painstaking and time consuming tasks germane to stop motin animation. Land of the Lost is one of the most fabulous shows in the history of television. Not having seen the show in 25 years I am truly amazed at how good it is. It is one of the few show where you can really escape reality for a half-hour. LOTL had some of the foremost Science Fiction writers working on this show.
The Sleestack! On Saturday morining TV, they were not allowed to be violent. Even without violence they were still terrifying. You have to love the Sleestack.
Pylons, Skylons, Time doors, ruined lost cities, parallel universes, magic crytals, pakus, dinosaurs, strange plant life, mysterious forces, three moons in the sky. How can you not help but love this show? The creativty is second to none!
Can't wait for Season 2!
Lets talk about the good stuff:
Menu's and Extra's (5 stars): In a word: wow. Read more
I used to love to watch Land of the Lost early Saturday mornings and now I can catch up on old times! Read more