The League returns for a second season of fantasy football hilarity. For those who do not know, The League focuses on 5 guys from Chicago who play fantasy football together. While fantasy football pervades nearly every aspect of their lives and the show, you do not need to know anything about fantasy football to enjoy the show. There are plenty of people, men and women, who love the show and don't play. Everyone can relate to the characters in one way or another, whether it is Ruxin getting caught in a lie to his wife and turning to his friends to cover for him, or Andre trying to fit in with a group that mercilessly teases him, everyone can find something to like in these characters.
One of the great things about the show is that it is only loosely scripted, which means that most of it is improved and you never know what you will get. While you can follow the show if you haven't seen season 1, I'd highly recommend watching it first as a few things that happen this season will make more sense if you do. However, it isn't necessary to do so.
While the extras aren't amazing, the show more than makes up for it. If you enjoyed the show the first time around, buy it on DVD so you can watch it over and over again. The extended episodes (about half of the season) and the few great extras make it a must have!
1. Vegas Draft - As new league champion, Andre plans a trip to Las Vegas for the draft at the MGM Grand. One of the "out of town idiots on auto draft" quits the league and the guys must decide whether to fill the spot with Jenny or Ruxin's brother-in-law, Raffi, whom they all hate. Guest stars Chad Ochocinco
2. Bro-Lo En Cunado - Kevin tries to make up with Jenny by having an adult weekend with his boss when Taco appears at the function with one of Kevin's overzealous coworkers. Ruxin attempts to give Sofia her monthly "terrific lady day" and Pete and Andre go to a party with Raffi.
3. The White Knuckler - Andre expands his medical practice by forming a partnership with an African-American plastic surgeon and throws a party to celebrate the merger; Ruxin volunteers to fulfill a sick child's wish, but hijacks the wish for himself; Pete dates someone who has slept with Kevin and feels awkward about their intimate past. No extended version. Guest stars Josh Cribbs and Terrell Suggs.
4. The Kluneberg - Andre buys an expensive painting and is mocked by the guys for it; the guys try to get Raffi out of the league; Jenny meets up with an old friend that Kevin suspects is a sex addict.
5. The Marathon - Andre signs up to run a marathon, which prompts Pete to say he is going to run it too; Taco becomes a notary; Jenny and Kevin seek to balance family life when they go head-to-head in this week's matchup. No extended version
6. The Anniversary Party - Because of Taco's meddling, Ruxin throws Sofia an anniversary party on the same day as Jenny's birthday that all of the guys attend, including someone from Pete's past who shows up with a "plus one." No extended version
7. Ghost Monkey - Kevin tries to create an adult Halloween for the guys and Jenny, but his idea doesn't go as planned; Taco steals a monkey and fears that he killed it and is being haunted by its vengeful spirit; Pete dates a witch; Ruxin and Pete go head-to-head and Pete lets Ruxin set his line-up - a decision that Ruxin agonizes over. No extended version
Deleted Scenes - Deleted scenes from the Vegas Draft through the Ghost Monkey episode. The deleted scenes are hit and miss. Some of the are absolutely hilarious while others barely garner a smirk.
El Notario! - This is Taco's advertisement for his notary services South of the Border. This skit was absolutely hilarious! Make sure you watch the Marathon episode before watching this one.
Kluneberg Paint by Numbers - Andre as Bob Ross in the "Joy of Painting Stuff" This skit makes fun of those old PBS painting shows. Worth watching once, but not particularly funny.
Taco Tones Productions Presents - This is a collection of all the music videos and Taco productions from the season - I'm Inside Me, Naginta!, Sofia & Rodney's Wedding Video, and Vinegar Strokes. I would've loved to see extended versions of what actually made the show and a full version of the Pete's Tiny Little Erect Dick song.
8. The Tie - Andre and Ruxin complain about a tie prompting Kevin to quit as league commissioner and leaving the guys to come up with alternative ways to break the tie.
9. The Expert Witness - Ruxin has a big case and turns to Andre as an expert witness; Ruxin suspects Jenny and Kevin are colluding in the league; the judge has a thing for Ruxin; Taco and the courtroom artist get intimately acquainted.
10. The High School Reunion - The guys have their 10 year reunion where Andre wants to show off his success, but his efforts are negated by Pete and Kevin; Ruxin wants to show off his hot wife; Pete wants to name the trophy after the worst person at the reunion; the origins of the Shiva Blast are revealed. No extended episode.
11. Ramona Neopolitano - The final week of the regular season begins to fray Andre's emotions; Ruxin lies to Sofia about having a dead wife; Kevin turns to fantasy football gurus to help him set his lineup.
12. Kegel the Elf - The playoffs begin to determine who is going to the Shiva Bowl; Kevin and Jenny must deal with Ellie misbehaving at school; Pete dates a single mother who just isn't ready to sleep with him and turns to Jenny for help. No extended episode.
13. The Sacko Bowl - In the season finale, Jenny and Ruxin face off in the Shiva Bowl to determine the league champion while Andre and Tako face off in the Sacko Bowl to determine the league loser.
Delete Scenes - Deleted scenes from the Tie through the Sacko Bowl finale. Like the ones on disc 1, the deleted scenes on disc 2 are hit and miss too.
Alt Nation - Since the show is improved there are a lot of takes of the same scene to try out different improvised jokes. Here is where you will find them. Like the deleted scenes, some are hilarious while others fall flat.
Gag Reel - All the mistakes that the guys made. Pretty funny.