- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Meat Goat Handbook: Raising Goats for Food, Profit, and Fun Paperback – Jan 15 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
About the Author
Yvonne Zweede-Tucker has been raising meat goats for twenty years at Smoke Ridge. She spoke at the 2010 Profitable Meat Goats conference (http://profitablemeatgoats.net) in Indianapolis. Her articles appear in Goat Rancher magazine and the Stockman Grass Farmer. Yvonne lives with her husband, Craig, on their goat ranch.www.smokeridge.net
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
So the book really should be titled, "How to raise goats". And it does have a lot of 'cute' photos of goats on rocks, in trees, in fields.
I did give the book three stars for the rest of the goat information. It covers how to buy, raise, vet, breed, and handle goats. I just would have liked more than 3 pages on the 'meat' part.
Would be better with a lot more text/information and a lot fewer "cute" goat pictures.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Zoology
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Agriculture
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Zoology