Praise for The Mother of All Windows Books:
"Witty, idiosyncratic, sometimes cranky, and often corny, the book captures the feeling of a Windows expert sitting at your elbow, chatting away, listening to your complaints, agreeing, offering solutions."
--Jim Seymour, PC Magazine
"An amazingly complete (and completely irreverent) look at everything involved with Windows."
-- Ed Bott, PC Computing
Mom is back, crankier than ever, and she and her motley cast of highly irreverent icons have got the goods on everything you need to know about Windows 95 after you push the Start button. You'll get "motherly" advice, delivered in Mom's own caustic-yet-caring style, on everything from setting up Windows 95 to tuning it and making it work the way you want it to. The Mother of All Windows 95 Books brings you insider info on all Windows 95 components (everything from fonts to multimedia), the new desktop, the extremely mysterious (and virtually undocumented!) Windows Registry, and more.
The Mother of All Windows 95 Books also delivers the mother of all Windows 95 software collections--full commercial programs, working excerpts from the hottest products, shareware, freeware, and more! The all-new CD-ROM includes:
- Norton Utilities' System Information(TM) program, which provides detailed operating statistics for every part of your Windows 95 system.
- 20 all-new, hand-picked Bitstream® fonts.
- The Official Airline Guide(TM)--detailed info on over 650,000 flights.
- The Pro Phone(TM) Windows 95 "Free Phone(TM)" 800-number directory--every toll-free number in the USA!
- From Phone Disk--200,000 phone numbers for virtually every computer related business in the USA!
- Microsoft's latest and greatest for Windows 95: the Windows Driver Library; the Hardware Compatibility List; the User Interface Guide (which costs $39 in paperback); and the new Microsoft® Word Viewer.
- Full working models of some of the most popular Win95 multimedia titles: Arcade America(TM) from 7th Level® (including a page from Monty Python's Compleat Waste of Time(TM)); Freddi Fish(TM) and Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo(TM) from Humongous®; Sound Forge(TM); the simulation game Freshwater Fish(TM) from AnimaTek(TM); and others.
- From the Public (software) Library(TM)--the largest, most complete set of Windows 95 utilities ever compiled.
- Windows 95 and a CD-ROM drive
About the Author
A noted authority on Microsoft Windows, Woody Leonhard is a contributing editor at PC Computing and publisher of the infamous electronic newsletter Woody's Office Watch. Woody has written or co-written more than a dozen books on Windows and Microsoft Office, including The Hacker's Guide to Word for Windows, PC MOM: The Mother of All PC Books, and The Mother of All Windows 95 Books.
Barry Simon has written for PC Magazine since 1987 and has been a Contributing Editor there for more than seven years. He has also written for PC Computing, Windows Sources, Family PC, and Desktop Engineering. He is the co-author, with Woody Leonhard, of the three MOM books as well as co-author, with Michael Reed, of Methods of Modern Mathematical Physics.