Susan Miller Cavitch takes the mystery out of soapmaking, sharing her formulas for making high-quality vegetable-based soaps that are good for your skin -- and free of synthetic additives.
The Natural Soap Book gives you:
* Clear directions and illustrations to guide you step-by-step through the entire process -- from buying supplies to cutting and trimming the final bars.
* Recipes for old favorites like oatmeal/honey and avocado soaps to Susan's unique recipes for goat milk, borage, and even a tropical shampoo bar.
* Creative wrapping and gift packaging ideas.
* Formulas for exotic specialty scents like Holiday Spice, Sweet Earth, and Southern Summers.
* Profiles and tips from professional soapmakers.
Very awesome book and also very informative about everything you need to know about making soap!!! It a great read !!Published 10 months ago by Shakira Degre-Grand-Soul
si on a deja the soap companion par le même auteur on peut se passer de celui ci, plusieurs choses reviennent... Read morePublished on April 21 2010 by Marie Josee Lortie
As a soapmaking beginner, I found this book to be very helpful. It gives a good grounding in the basic knowledge, chemistry etc. Read morePublished on March 21 2008 by Susan W
If you are looking for an solid foundation of information for the cold-process method of soapmaking, get this book and its companion, "The Soapmaker's Companion" by the... Read morePublished on Aug. 24 2002 by A. Kulcsar
This book gives the new soap maker lots of ideas and suggestions to get started. You will learn all the basics to craft soap. Read morePublished on April 2 2002
I love to make soap for my family and to sell. I find "The Natural Soap Book" to be a great disappointment. Read morePublished on Nov. 24 2001 by Stephanie Rose Bird
Very good, informative and explicit. The only flaw that I found is that the recipies are not appropiate for a beginer in soapmaking since these ones are too big. Read morePublished on Sept. 2 2001 by Kindle Customer
At first I wasn't too sure about this book. The author mixes standard measurements with metric (a big no-no! Read morePublished on Aug. 22 2001 by praesignis
For me, Cavitch's book was the key to unlocking two other books: The Handmade Soap Book by Melinda Coss and The Complete Soapmaker by Norma Coney. Read morePublished on Jan. 8 2001 by Marty Provencher