No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 13.91|
Save CDN$ 10.63 (76%)
The Non-Profit Narrative: How Telling Stories Can Change the World Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book tells a story that no other book on non-profits, NGOs and ministries provides. I've worked in the NGO sector for over 6 years now and there isn't a better resource to equip non-profit executives, development execs and communications people. This book covers the much needed topic of telling the story of your non-profit that will have greater impact and results than any strategy or campaign.
Get it, read it, start working. If you're starting a non-profit, if you're 20 years into your NGO's work, this book is for you. A plus? It's easy to read over two cups of coffee.
Dan gets into the nuts and bolts of going beyond facts towards building a compelling story. He describes the development of a nonprofit story arc, and the creation of a meaningful story. From there Dan moves into media choices and promotion. This is a great quick read that any busy person can finish in less than two hours. Check it out.
As a seasoned nonprofiteer, I've worked in the Department of Meh (my favorite chapter) and it's tough going. Until you're ready to put your communications under a microscope and ask if you're telling the right story about your cause and one that will emotionally resonate with supporters, your nonprofit will struggle.
But Dan Portnoy doesn't want that. So he shows you how to find your voice and create a story arc and communication strategy that builds and layers your story so donors will feel compelled to give, help, and engage. And what nonprofit doesn't want to know how to do that?
So just buy it already. This book is really that good. That useful. And that inspiring.
They want that next big grant that will put them on the path to solvency. Or what about getting donations on Facebook or Twitter? Or "Could we try an event?"
And yet storytelling is the foundation of every successful fundraising program.
It's not magic.
In this short, easy-to-read book, Dan Portnoy has gathered the tools to help every member of your nonprofit tell your stories in ways that make them more engaging and effective - and raise more money! Highly recommended.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle Exclusives
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications