The Online Investor's Companion:50 Essential Financial Websites Paperback – Jan 21 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Beginning with the very title of his new book, Rob Carrick nails the essence of what is going on here. Online services are for investors in the broadest possible sense, not simply for day traders. This Companion gathers together the most important tools essential for success as an investor, whether you are self-managed or work with an adviser. The reader also enjoys the discipline, thoroughness, objectivity and passion of one of Canada's senior investment journalists."
— Paul Bates, President & CEO, Charles Schwab Canada
"Get ready, get set, get online, go! An excellent and straightforward guide to investing content sites in North America."
— Colleen Moorehead, President, E*Trade Canada
"I thought I knew the best financial Web sites, but I found a bunch more in this book. My advice: Let Rob Carrick be your guide on a round-the-world site-seeing tour."
— Ellen Roseman, Business Columnist, Toronto Star
From the Back Cover
This book is an indispensable guide for all investors, not just those who trade online. The Internet houses a vast amount of information on investing, but there's so much it can be overwhelming. Worse, you can waste a lot of time mucking around on second-rate sites looking for information that is displayed with crisp precision elsewhere.
The Online Investor's Companion is an antidote to information overload, guiding you directly to the 50 most essential investing resources on the Internet.
- Features the leading Canadian and U.S. sites for financial information.
- Rates each site for overall usefulness and for Canadian content.
- Describes what each site can do for you, what services are offered, and which are free or subscription-based.
- Explains how to use the tools available to you online— portfolio trackers, stock research tools, insider trading reports, and other specialized online investing services.
- Includes practical how-to information on what you can and should track online, and how to assess new financial Web sites on your own.
Inside This Book(Learn More)