This book is an indispensable guide for all investors, not just those who trade online. The Internet houses a vast amount of information on investing, but there's so much it can be overwhelming. Worse, you can waste a lot of time mucking around on second-rate sites looking for information that is displayed with crisp precision elsewhere.
The Online Investor's Companion is an antidote to information overload, guiding you directly to the 50 most essential investing resources on the Internet.
- Features the leading Canadian and U.S. sites for financial information.
- Rates each site for overall usefulness and for Canadian content.
- Describes what each site can do for you, what services are offered, and which are free or subscription-based.
- Explains how to use the tools available to you online — portfolio trackers, stock research tools, insider trading reports, and other specialized online investing services.
- Includes practical how-to information on what you can and should track online, and how to assess new financial Web sites on your own.
If you're just starting out, The Online Investor's Companion is your roadmap to the investing resources available on the Internet. If you're already an online investor, you'll learn about shortcuts and tricks that can take you where you want to go faster and more informatively.