From Library Journal
This guide by papermaking artist Hiebert (Papermaking with Plants) goes beyond most books on handmade paper by including detailed instructions for making equipment and for using unusual fibers as a source of pulp. Instructions for both Western-style (European) and Eastern-style (Japanese) papers are covered. Some projects are included, but the emphasis is on processes and techniques. This good, basic manual is suitable for all crafts collections.
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.
From the Back Cover
Learn the Popular Craft of Papermaking from an Expert
* Make stunning, colorful papers from recycled junk mail
* Set up or even build your own inexpensive equipment
* Emboss, laminate, and watermark your papers
* Harvest your own plants for papermaking as the ancients did
* Learn to paint and even sculpt with pulp
* Craft unforgettable flower petal cards and stationery
* Share the fun of papermaking with children
* Make paper photo frames, books, lampshades, and more
With clear, easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step illustrations, expert Helen Hiebert covers every imaginable aspect of creating one-of-a-kind papers and using those papers in fun, creative, and beautiful ways. With techniques ranging from beginning to advanced, this essential handbook is sure to be one that paper crafters return to again and again.