- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Poetic Fantastic: Studies in an Evolving Genre Hardcover – Nov 20 1989
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
?The eleven essayists give, on the American side, most attention to Poe (Benjamin Fisher), Sexton, LeGuin, Edward Dorn, Kenneth Koch, and Mark Strand. The editors insist on science-fiction poetry as a fresh but glittering subgenre.?-American Literature
About the Author
PATRICK D. MURPHY is Professor of English and member of the graduate faculty in English and graduate faculty member at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Co-editor of Science Fiction from China: Eight Stories, Essentials of the Theory Fiction, and special issues of Women's Studies and Studies in the Humanities, he is currently editing Critical Essasys on Gary Snyder and writing The Reader's Guide to Joanna Russ and Understanding Gary Snyder.
VERNON HYLES is Assistant Professor of English at Auburn University. His previous works include George Alex Effinger, Freaks, The Grotesque as a Metaphor, and many articles and essays in journals.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Anthologies
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > British
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Single Authors > British & Irish
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > History & Criticism
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > History & Criticism
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > English Literature