"The authors make it clear it's a lot better to thrive, not just survive, during and after your college career. It's been well researched, and presents the facts in a succinct and easy to grasp way. The writers have focused on their material and it shows. Powerful people are focused people. Focus on this book and give yourself a head start."
Over half a million people have read The Power of Focus (co-authored by Les Hewitt and the creators of Chicken Soup for the Soul—Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen) and have used its principles to dramatically change their lives. It's now time to get college students in on the action.
In teaming up with two recent college grads, this bestselling series has produced another groundbreaking book that answers the ultimate question to an international phenomenon—why are millions of graduates struggling to find a fulfilling career? The answer to what students need, what employers want, and what the 21st century demands, is all found within the pages of this book.
Using student friendly lingo, inspiring stories and plenty of cartoons, The Power of Focus for College Students teaches you an exciting new approach to college education. Included are nine practical focusing strategies that will ensure your college investment leads to concrete opportunities in a career you love.
INSIDE THIS BOOK YOU'LL DISCOVER:
- A simple activity for gaining instant clarity on what career is best for you
- How to tap into the hidden job market where 80% of jobs are found
- What 3% of Yale graduates do that lead them to become wealthier than the other 97% combined
- Four fighting tactics to break through procrastination and fear
- The truth about money—a proven method for achieving financial freedom
If you are bewildered by career options, questioning your major, unsure what extracurricular activities to join and want to learn the timeless success principles used by the worlds top achievers, then this book should be number one on your reading list. The Power of Focus for College Students is the answer for high school graduates and college Freshmen looking for guidance, college Seniors who are searching for an attractive career and anxious parents wanting assurance that their college investment is being spent wisely.
Get started now—the countdown to graduation has already begun!
"This book empowers students to focus on what matters most—finding a career that they will be passionate about and how to kick start that career."
—Dr. Stephen R. Covey, Author of #1 New York Times bestseller, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
"This book is packed with empowering and inspirational success strategies to help students build the future they want after college."
—Jack Canfield, Co-creator, Chicken Soup for the Soul® series; author of the bestseller, The Success Principles
"I wish I had read this sort of book a generation ago when I went to college. However, the information contained in this book is far more important today than it ever was."
—Pat Williams, Senior Vice President of the NBA's Orlando Magic