on November 23, 2013
Very in-depth and an excellent book on the C language, but the difficulty level is somewhat on the more complicated side
on February 25, 2010
I think many people would consider this book to be THE authority on the C programming language. Clear descriptions that get to the point.

There is a free website that contains the entire text of a version of this book.
on June 24, 2003
This book is a good reference manual for C programming, but it
should not be the book from which you learn C. I tried, but as
a result, I find it very frustrating writing simple programs. I'd call it "C For Geniuses" or "C For Those Who Already Know C". I agree that I've eventually found everything I've needed to know in this book, but the problem can be digging it out. Everything is distilled down into as little space as possible, and very often, programs are used as examples to explain a particular point. I don't appreciate having to plow through some code to figure out how to use pointers or whatever. I need more description, such as, for example, why pointers can be cast to "void" and back without losing information; this is just stated in a single sentence and shown in a fairly complicated program. That isn't good enough for me. I need this information at a more basic, descriptive level. Anyhow, since I'm clearly a dummy when it comes to programming, I've ordered C For Dummies. Maybe that's what I need to get the most out of not only C, but out of this book as well.
on August 30, 2015
Excellent book, and the used book supplier met/exceeded all expectations.