- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Psychology of Art and the Evolution of the Conscious Brain Hardcover – Dec 19 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Fun to read and encyclopedic in its range, the book should be of interest to scholars in many disciplines.(V. S. Ramachandran Science)
About the Author
Robert L. Solso is Professor and Head of the Cognitive Laboratory at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As a student of architecture and neuroscience I read this book years ago and I am still referencing to it today.
Although he repeats some of the subjects he discusses in his earlier book, Cognition and the Visual Arts, the book presents new information as well. It is easy to follow and engage with the author's arguments.
Especially the chapters on faces and artistic schemata were quite helpful to me encouraging me to explore more.
It's a great introductory book (in fact an internediate level book) written for the broader public from a scientist who has recognized the importance of bringing together neuroscience and art.
Also, I found this book far more useful to my research than books by Dutton, Dissanayake, Arnheim, etc on the same subject
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Criticism
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography > Regional
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology