- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Recognition of Shakuntala: Kashmir Recension Hardcover – Dec 30 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"The books line up on my shelf like bright Bodhisattvas ready to take tough questions or keep quiet company. They stake out a vast territory, with works from two millennia in multiple genres: aphorism, lyric, epic, theater, and romance." -Willis G. Regier,The Chronicle Review "The Clay Sanskrit Library represents one of the most admirable publishing projects now afoot... Anyone who loves the look and feel and heft of books will delight in these elegant little volumes." -New Criterion "Very few collections of Sanskrit deep enough for research are housed anywhere in North America. Now, twenty-five hundred years after the death of Shakyamuni Buddha, the ambitious Clay Sanskrit Library may remedy this state of affairs." -Tricycle "Published in the geek-chic format." -BookForum "No effort has been spared to make these little volumes as attractive as possible to readers: the paper is of high quality, the typesetting immaculate. The founders of the series are John and Jennifer Clay, and Sanskritists can only thank them for an initiative intended to make the classics of an ancient Indian language accessible to a modern international audience." -The Times Higher Education Supplement
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > History
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > Sanskrit
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > Asian