The Responsible Company: What We've Learned from Patagonia's First 40 Years Paperback – May 25 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“If you have any doubt at all that doing right by the natural world is good for the bottom line, please, stop right now, wherever you are, find a seat, put the smartphone on mute, and read this freaking book. Yvon and Vincent aren’t here to bum you out about a planet turning to desert, or to shame you into anything. They affirm that the ingenuity and hard work required to clean up our offices and industries will be the most rewarding (and profitable) work we do.”--Brad Wieners, Executive Editor, Bloomberg BusinessWeek
From the Back Cover
Patagonia, Inc. is a Ventura, California-based outdoor clothing company, founded in 1973 by Yvon Chouinard, with current annual sales of over $500 million. Its reason for being: build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I recommend this book especially to people who do not read business books, whose inclination might be toward literary essays or novels. It's a great read and you will know so much more about the realities of the business world, and the often agonizing decisions Patagonia had to make to get to where it is now: a company trying to earn the
right to call itself responsible.
What if we were to step back and assess the impact our decisions make on the lives of others and our planet? Would we change our ways? After reading this book (and Surfing) I know I will. I hope you will too.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History > Company Profiles
- Books > Business & Investing > Business Life > Ethics
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > History > Americas > South America > Argentina
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Business Ethics