1. Save 10% of what you earn
2. Don't get involved in investments that you do not understand or don't invest in someone else' idea unless it is in the area of their expertise
3. Don't gamble or get involved with quick rich campaigns
4. Focus your energies on improving what you do so that you can increase your earnings
5. Be true to your word - pay back debts and build relationships
6. Invest wisely - mainly invest in your area of expertise or with a good friend in his or her area of expertise
7. Be decisive - don't take too much time in deciding an investment is right. If you wait too long, the opportunity may be gone. This is a fine line because you don't want to rush in either.
8. Invest in yourself so that you can improve your skills in the future
9. Be a person of action - luck comes along with hard work
10. Have a strong determination that you will succeed.
The book was a very quick read - I read it in about hour or so. Much of it was a bit repetitive - I guess it helps to ensure that you got the points. Honestly, I thought I would get a lot more out of this book. I already knew of most of ideas, and in the places where I could use some help like being decisive it did not give me suggestions to improve in that area. I guess it will just take some more practice on my part. I would suggest stopping by your local library to pick up this book. If you like it enough, go out and get it and add to your collection.
Well, the fact that it is set in ancient Babylon shows that the basics of finance are truly timeless, and only misinformation from... Read more