The Sacred Isle: Belief and Religion in Pre-Christian Ireland Hardcover – Apr 29 1999
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
An excellent book... a highly accessible and lively assessment of c ontinuity and change in belief and religion from pre-Celtic times through to the arrival of St Patrick. ...A fine book and to be recommended to a wide readership, especially to all those who think that Irish history started in 1601. IRISH STUDIES REVIEW The focus of this book is the evidence for pagan cult systems in ancient Ireland, particularly the period 500BC to AD600...on the whole a thoroughly researched and rigorously referenced study... a useful reference work. ZEITSCHRFT FUR CELTISCHE PHILOLOGIE
About the Author
DAITHI O HOGAIN is Associate Professor of Folklore at University College Dublin. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient
- Books > History > Europe > England > Ancient
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Fairy Tales
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology > Celtic & British Isles
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Earth-Based Religions > Celtic
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Earth-Based Religions > Druidism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History
- Books > Science & Math > Archaeology