The Southern African Birdfinder: Where to Find 1,400 Bird Species in Southern Africa and Madagascar Paperback – Mar 1 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Callan Cohen is Director of Birding Africa, a specialist bird tour company, and was the youngest person at the time to see the landmark 800 bird species in southern Africa. He is the co-author of Essential Birding, Western South Africa (2000) with Claire Spottiswoode.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The binding for this book is poor at best. After only 3 or 4 openings, the page sections for Madagascar have already begun to separate from the binding. If you are taking this book in the field, you should probably bring a good supply of rubber bands with you to hold everything together. Now I am not sure it will even last for an Africa trip, let alone the Madagascar trip.
twitchers are people, too. Directions generally correct and useful where I used them in South Africa. You could actually plan a birding trip using the info in the book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Africa > Madagascar
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology > Ornithology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Books > Travel > Africa > Madagascar & Comoros