- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Spanish Literary Generation of 1968: José María Guelbenzu, Lourdes Ortiz, and Ana María Moix Hardcover – May 4 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This carefully constructed and well-researched volume offers an in-depth study of the so-called Generation of 1968, focusing on three of its key members: José María Guelbenzu, Lourdes Ortiz and Ana María Moix. Although there exists a significant number of scholarly analyses of their writings, as indicated in Chapter 5, dedicated to critical reception in the form of reviews and literary criticism, there is a dearth of more comprehensive studies that satisfactorily probe the import of this literary generation within its dynamic sociohistorical context. William M. Scherzer’s book, enhanced by interviews with each writer, fills this gap. While his more specific focus is on the years from 1968 to 1969, he also provides an excellent overview of the writers’ trajectories to date. . . .In summary, Scherzer’s study provides a necessary, valuable source for scholars and students alike with which to approach the ‘Generation’ of 1968, often overlooked in literary histories and university reading lists. It is to be hoped that this book will prove the catalyst for a greater engagement with a seminal but largely disregarded literary ‘generation’ whose works have always privileged quality over quantity. (Bulletin of Spanish Studies)
About the Author
William Sherzer is a professor emeritus of Brooklyn College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. A specialist in modern and contemporary Spanish literature, he has published books and articles on authors spanning from Benito Pérez Galdós to present day authors.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Women Writers & Feminist Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > European > Spanish & Portuguese
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Women Writers
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages > Spanish
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European