Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

on May 2, 2008
As a former caterer and still-avid cook, when I saw this book, I grabbed it. I like to read a cookbook--in other words, give me cooking tips, great stories and exciting recipes!

The book begins: "The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who wake up thinking about what they're going to eat for supper, and those that don't. We are decidedly in the former camp; in fact we wake up thinking about what we are going to cook for supper."

I love it!

What I love even more is Lynne Rossetto Kasper and Sally Swift's philosophy on food: "We feel strongly about local, sustainable,and organic food... This philosophy doesn't come solely from concerns over well-being. It is larger than that. It is about ecology, the survival of rural life, and values."

Amen!

Some highlights:

In salad section, there is a do-it-yourself dressing kit. If you buy bottled dressings, please give this a try--homemade dressing is extremely easy to make and far superior to store-bought.

In soup section, the authors advise how to improvise your own soups.

Basically, the authors seek to teach the reader how to cook and they do a great job. The neat part about cooking is that no matter how experienced you are, there is always more to learn.

I look forward to trying many of the recipes in this beautiful book. The instructions are crystal clear, to boot.

A quote from the book: "I aam not a vegetarian because I love animals. I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

By the author of the award winning book,Harmonious Environment: Beautify, Detoxify and Energize Your Life, Your Home and Your Planet.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again